I will be moderating this month’s #IFNAchat which will be a discussion of the International Family Nursing Association ‘s Position Statement on Generalist Competencies for Family Nursing Practice. There will be two one-hour chat times, to offer an opportunity for family nurses worldwide to participate.
We will discuss the following four questions during the chat:
- What do you think is most valuable in the IFNA generalist competencies?
- How are you applying the competencies in your work (or how will you)?
- What ideas do you have for promoting the competencies as a standard of practice for nurses?
- How would these competencies transform nursing practice where you are?
Participants in the chat are encouraged to review the position statement and think about these questions in advance.
- Europe, UK, Americas – Wed April 20 12 noon CDT/ 1 pm EDT/ 6 pm BST/ 7 pm CEST
- Pacific Rim countries – Thursday April 21 10 am JST/ 11 am AEST (this is Wed April 20 6 pm PDT/ 8 pm CDT)